Our earliest records tell us that thirty people gathered in a small white frame church in what was then rural western Mecklenburg County with the intent of organizing a Baptist Sunday School. On that date, September 27, 1925, the Glenwood Baptist Sunday School came into being. From that beginning the need for a Baptist congregation in that area was realized, so on November 29, 1925 the Glenwood Baptist Church was officially organized. The rapid growth was encouraging and in 1930 the church relocated a few blocks from the original small wooden structure to a newly built three-story brick building and became known as Enderly Park Baptist Church. In 1977 the congregation relocated again, this time to the Newell Community of Mecklenburg County, and became known as University Hills Baptist Church. We have been ministering from this campus since September 24, 1978.